Thursday Matters- August 20, 2020
Everyday There is an Enemy
I have to constantly remind myself who the enemy is. It’s not other people like we so often think (not that the enemy doesn’t use people because he does) but he’s the real enemy. Satan’s everyday goal is for our destruction to break up relationships, friendships, families and marriages. God tells us in Ephesians 6 that our armor isn’t gonna just jump on us but that we have to put it on. So let’s look at what it is:
1) Helmet of Salvation-We are covered by Christ’s blood & we need to protect our thoughts
2) Belt of Truth-To combat the lies of the enemy
4) Shoes of Peace-We can receive peace no matter what
5) Shield of Faith-Holding on to God’s promises in faith no matter what happens
6) The Sword of the Spirit/The Word of God-This weapon is defensive & offensive.
Put on the full armor of God and you will have victory and be able to overcome the enemy because God is greater…everyday.